Events and Activities
The department of H&S conducts several events round the year. The department hosts the Fresher's party every year to welcome the newly admitted students. It invites prominent personalities from various fields to address the students, motivate them and help them be better human beings. Following are the list of few events organized by the department recently.
- The Department of Humanities and sciences conducted A one week National Faculty Development Program on "Number Theory and its Applications" from 14/6/21 to 19/6/21.
The Resource persons for the sessions were..
1) Prof.E.Keshava Reddy, Director of Evaluation JNTUA, Anantpur.
2) Dr. A. Saila Kumari, Assistant Professor JNTUA, Anantapur.
3) Dr. B. Mallikarjuna, Assistant Professor From BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore.
4) Dr.S.Sri Lakshmi, Assistant Professor JNTUA, Anantapur.
5) Dr. V. Maheshwar Rao, Associate Professor from Fiji National University, Fiji and
6) Dr. Namratha, Assistant Professor, from GATES Institute of Technology, Gooty.
The FDP received an overwhelming response with 1400 participants from all over India, Phillipines, Oman.
The sessions were very inspiring and informative, as the speakers highlighted the reasons and importance of Number Theory and its Applications. The queries sessions went on very well.
The response of participants felt that delivery and presentation by the resource persons were good that brought practical knowledge of the subject in them. The FDP was coordinated well with the support of Management, Principal, Technical team and Faculty members.E- Certificates to all the participants were sent to their mails.
- The Department of Mathematics Organised Annual Mathematics Competition on the eve of Sri Srinivasa Ramanujan's birth Anniversary 22nd December 2019.A total of 1500 students attended the exam from various colleges in and around Ananthapuram.The best student was awarded a Laptop
- The Department organized an awareness programme on Health and Nutrition on 18th October 2019.The resource persons were Dr.Gayatri and Mrs.L.Srivalli.
- The Department celebrated National youth Day was celebrated on 12th January 2019.Events like essay competition ,elocution and Powerpoint Presentations were held.Around 60 students participated and won many prizes.
- The Department of Mathematics Organised Annual Mathematics Competition on the eve of Sri Srinivasa Ramanujan's birth Anniversary 22nd December 2018.A total of 1300 students attended the exam from various colleges in and around Ananthapuram.The best student was awarded a Laptop
- The Department conducted an awareness programme on "Speaking Skills" on 11th September 2018.The guest speaker was Mr.Valamiki Chandrasekhar who conducted several activities among students to improve spoken english
- The Department organised one day session on "Personality Development Programme" with the title "The Importance of Communication Skills" on 21stJuly 2017.The speaker was Dr.Abdul Saleem,a Professor in English and member of American Study Centre in Bangalore.
- On the Occasion of "National Science Day" a Science meet was Organised on 28thFebruary 2017.Students participated by giving speeches on the importance of Science and Technology .Latest inventions in science and the need to implement science in various fields for the development of society.
- NEXUS 2K17 is a national level symposium was conducted on 22ndFebruary 2017 and around 520 students participated and presented papers on various titles and courses.
- The Department organized a one day workshop on Personality development on 23rd August 2016. Motivator "KRIEATOR" addressed the students.
- A work shop was conducted on "The importance of English in Engineering education" on 22nd March 2016. Professor S. Rama Rao from GPREC, Kurnool was the chief guest for the workshop
- Organized one day workshop on 25 Feb 2015. The speaker was Mr Venkat Sreeram, senior program manager, Barclays, NYC, who motivated the students with his rich experience in the research and technical fields. Students interacted with the speaker and imbibed innovative ideas in the field of science and technology. Students were provided with information regarding various sectors of employment and career opportunities.
- A motivational program was conducted by Dr V. Brahma Reddy on how to cope up with the day to day academic pressures.
- In order to motivate, inspire and inject the positivity among the students, the department conducted a one day workshop on 10th Feb 2015. Syed Noor Mohammed Shakir, the first blind M.B.A graduate in A.P and the President Award winner, holder of Limca book of records for translating the holy Quran into Braille motivated the students through his inimitable style of speaking. The students were greatly benefited by this workshop and responded well to the activities conducted
- "NEXUS 2K-15" a national level symposium was conducted on 7th Feb 2015.The event was a special achievement with participation of around 150 students from various colleges who presented papers on given topics.