Training and Placements cell @ Gates acts as a bridge between the Institute and the Industry. The main objective of this cell is to provide appropriate training to the students and make them industry ready and arrange campus interviews for final year students. Training and placement cell is headed by Mr. A RamaPrathap Reddy.
Training and Placement Cell Activities
Training and Placement Cell organizes several training activities for the students in a systematic and methodic order from first year onwards along with their academics and encourages many activities that help the students perform better and stand out in the interviews and get better career opportunities.
- In I Year students are trained in Communication Skills and Presentation Skills.
- In II Year students are trained in Aptitude and Reasoning. We regularly conduct online exams for improving their accuracy and speed in these areas.
- In III Year students receive training in their respective core areas from experts. Certification trainings in association with Infosys, IBM, and Microsoft are also provided.
- In the final year placement cell arranges for personality development programs (PDP), mock interviews, group discussions, to enhance the communication skills and further the confidence of the students when facing interviews.
- Training sessions are conducted by experts in body language, social and corporate etiquette, and presentation and interview skills.
- T & P Cell maintains the student master database to map the students with suitable job requirements from the companies.
- T & P encourages the students to appear for online assessment tests COCUBES and AMCAT. Gates has test centers for these tests for the benefit of the students.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various online programming contests such as Aspiration 2020, TCS Code Vita, Empass etc.,
- To get a better understanding of engineering concepts and applications, and to have an edge over others in interviews students are encouraged to intern in various IT/ITES and core companies.
- Arrange guest lectures by eminent industry leaders to emphasize on the ever changing need of the industry and how to get oneself ready for it.