Vision and Mission
To impart the best technical education instilled with discipline, values and leadership qualities that will produce professional technocrats in Mechanical Engineering.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering strives to continually engage in:
- To impart fundamental Mechanical Engineeringconcepts and a broad set of technical skills.
- To prepare Mechanical Engineering graduates who will engage effectively and responsibly in practicing engineering.
- To impart practical exposure on latest technological developments in Mechanical Engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOS):
On successful completion of UG in Mechanical engineering, the Graduates will be able to:
- Grab the opportunities in various mechanical Engineering industries and confident enough in their professional development.
- Continue higher education and apply their creativity in research and development.
- Concern the ethical values and make them responsible for the economical development of the nation.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
On successful completion of UG in Mechanical Engineering, The graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the solution of Design and Manufacturing problems.
- Formulate and analyse various experimental data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet the society needs within realistic constraints such as economic, ethical, safety and sustainability.
- Conduct experiments and investigate the experimental data for the effective performance.
- Use the necessary modern engineering tools for mechanical engineering solutions.
- Consider society needs in the development of engineering solutions.
- Develop engineering solutions by considering environment and the need for sustainable development.
- Apply various ethical theories on multidisciplinary groups.
- Perform and implement the assigned task as individual and as a group member.
- Communicate effectively.
- Get updated with technological trends by continuous learning.
- Apply knowledge and understanding the principles of management and finance in relation to engineering projects.
Course Outcomes (COs):