To impart the best technical education instilled with discipline, values and leadership qualities that will produce professional technocrats in Mechanical Engineering.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering strives to continually engage in:
- To impart fundamental Mechanical Engineeringconcepts and a broad set of technical skills.
- To prepare Mechanical Engineering graduates who will engage effectively and responsibly in practicing engineering.
- To impart practical exposure on latest technological developments in Mechanical Engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOS):
On successful completion of UG in Mechanical engineering, the Graduates will be able to:
- Grab the opportunities in various mechanical Engineering industries and confident enough in their professional development.
- Continue higher education and apply their creativity in research and development.
- Concern the ethical values and make them responsible for the economical development of the nation.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
On successful completion of UG in Mechanical Engineering, The graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the solution of Design and Manufacturing problems.
- Formulate and analyse various experimental data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet the society needs within realistic constraints such as economic, ethical, safety and sustainability.
- Conduct experiments and investigate the experimental data for the effective performance.
- Use the necessary modern engineering tools for mechanical engineering solutions.
- Consider society needs in the development of engineering solutions.
- Develop engineering solutions by considering environment and the need for sustainable development.
- Apply various ethical theories on multidisciplinary groups.
- Perform and implement the assigned task as individual and as a group member.
- Communicate effectively.
- Get updated with technological trends by continuous learning.
- Apply knowledge and understanding the principles of management and finance in relation to engineering projects.