Entrepreneur Development Cell (EDC)
Objectives of The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) are :
- To foster innovation and create an entrepreneurial culture in the institution.
- To conduct:
• Entrepreneurship Development program (EDP)
• Faculty Development Program (FDP)
• Skill Development Program (SDP)
- To promote linkages with Govt. institutions, industries & other organizations that are engaged in promoting small & medium enterprises.
- To provide services including information guidance to budding entrepreneurs.
- To develop incubation center to facilitate the interested entrepreneurs to test and simulate the ideas.
Activities taken up by EDC @ GATES
- On 12/03/2016 organized a Industrial Motivation Campaign for final year students of our college. It is being organized by MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) in the above program Sri.S.VijayKumar,Dy.Director,MSME-ID,Hyderabad along with Senior Manager, Syndicate Bank have participated in the same. The guests advised the students to loans facilities, Technical support, licensing policy etc., and other services extended by the government for the establishment of industries.
- On 25/01/2014 organized a workshop on establishment of industries. Mr.B.Ismail zabiullah, Associate Professor of Department of Management Studies was resource persons. In the above program he explained various concepts associated with the establishment of industries to the students and clarified their doubts.
- On 11/03/2013 organized a program on Ethics in entrepreneurship Dr.S.Md.Ghouse,Head and Mr.B.Ismail zabiullah, Associate Professor of Department of Management Studies was resources persons. In the above program they discussed about the importance of ethics in a business and advised the students to observe ethics.
- On 27/11/2012 organized a Industrial Motivation Campaign for final year students of our college. It is being organized by MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) in the above program Sri.B.SaratKumar , Asst.Director,MSME-ID,Hyderabad along with General Manager, District Industrial Center, Manager ,Syndicate Bank, Representative of APSFC and other officials have participated in the same. The guests advised the students to utilize loans, Technical support, extended by the government for the establishment cottage and small scale industries.
- Organized International Educational & Cultural Exchange Program in Jan.2011 in association with Eden Foundation –Taiwan, as part of it a team of 20 members belonging to different educational demines from Taiwan has visited our college and had interacted with our staff & students on various issues of Education and Cultural.
- Organized Skill Development Training Program for Rural BPL (below poverty line) youth. Nearly three batches (each batch of 60 candidates) have successfully completed the above training and were able to secure jobs in various private companies. This program was organized in association with Nis-Sparta a ADAG group company specialized in Training and Placement. It is an implementing agency of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India, under SGSY-a special project in nearly 20 states, including all 04 southern states.
- On 23/02/2012 organized Personality development program – PRERANA to the students of our college in association with Sandilaya Institute of Nurturing, Bangalore Sri.G.N.Shashadhri, Director of the institute have conducted the secession where he demonstrated various techniques on personality development , positive thinking, improving performance & Concentration. In this program, he stressed the importance of Yoga too.
- On 15/12/2011 organized a Industrial Motivation Campaign for final year students of our college. It is being organized by MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) in the above program Sri. R.V. Rajagopal, Asst.Director,MSME-ID, Hyderabad along with General Manager NABARD, Manager ,Syndicate Bank ,Dist. Industrial Officer and other officials have participated in the same. All of them have enlightened the students about the availability of loans, Technical support, and areas in which they can explore and establish cottage and small scale industries.
- Organized Industrial visit Program to II- Sem. MBA students of our college to Coca- Cola production plant in Bidadi at Bangalore in June 2010 & Feb.2012
- Organized a 12 day Faculty Development Program on Entrepreneurship Development from 29Th March to 10Th April 2010, for the Management & Commerce faculty members belonging to different Government & Private colleges in Anantapuramu district. This event was organized in association with NI-MSME (National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises –Hyderabad.) an organization of Ministry of MSME. This Program is supported by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Organized Apex Institutional Visit Program to IV- Sem. MBA students of our college to Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore in March 2010.
- On 11th Feb.2010 organized a Career Guidance Program for Engineering and Management students of our college on SAS (Statistical Analysis Systems).Mr.Venkat CEO-India & USA, Configure Info Systems Pvt. Ltd., was the resource person .In it he has explained the importance of the above software in all industries.